Tuesday, 13 October 2009

Pristine Smut



Liria Pristine is a very admirable and influencial designer in my eyes. I love the colour she used in her gradute show for her garments, with hues of brown, red and creams; neutrals that could be associated with autumn and linked into themes such as growth, decay, regeneration, death and pollution. All may seem quite negative in their approach to design but produce an elegant and delicate result that I aspire to create in my own work.

In the video Liria has a print out of one of Gustav Klimt's painting, Three Ages of Woman on her wall infront of her domestic knitting machine. In one of my current projects I am looking at the work produced in Vienna arond the 1900s, and in particular at the work of Kokoschka, Klimt and Schiele. It seems that Liria has been influenced by some of the issues and social context of the paintings which parallels with themes of my own work including tone and colour, emotional repression and violence and destruction.





Graduate fashion peices. Magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment