Wednesday, 3 February 2010

Reid Peppard



I've been looking for a nice new bag and purse of late. And I have also been seriously considering buying a rat and naming it Wolfgang.
These to tasks have been somewhat harder than I first imagined.
However, I have just stumbled upon the work of a certain Reid Peppard and found that she has combined both of my needs into one seemingly perfect solution, be it slightly odd and weird.









Peppard uses animals who have died of natural causes in her unusual taxidermy work. And for some strange reason I find her work really quite intriguing and obscurely beautiful. I'm not sure that I would really buy and wear one myself but the concept behind it, of having an animal there and giving it a purpose after it has died I find really quite brilliant.

I am a big fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment