Sunday, 25 April 2010

Recent Undergoings

Iceland, Eyjafjallajökull - May 1st and 2nd, 2010 from Sean Stiegemeier on Vimeo.







Due to recent events you will have seen in the news I have currently spent a longer than expected amount of time on the island of Malta. This was all very exciting, being part of history and all, but I have only been able to have real look at the thing that stopped us taking to the airways since returning to England and the company of my trusty laptop... and I am amazed.

I have always been fascinated by the way the world works and these recent images of the Volcanic activity in Iceland, really rekindled my flame of interest (if you will pardon the pun). Its like a portal into the middle of the world, and I want to dive in , imagination first. The awe inspiring video is from director-come-photographer Sean Stiegemeier who spent 4 days at the foot of Eyjafjallajökull on May 1st and May 2nd where he managed to piece together this time-lapsed video of nature at work.

What with the relaxing holiday filled with good company, good food and good music it seems only fitting to embed this beauty...



I have also recently come to love the work of Laurent Chapoussin, whose work seems only to combines ideas of Carly Waito and Hector Sos.
My geological fixation is taking grip, maybe it's time to get out the A Level notes again...















No comments:

Post a Comment